Tracking Net Usage

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a 13" MB (since my MBP died) and I just got shaped by my provider. They were good about it and unshaped me for free as a long-term customer, but I don't want this to happen again. It happened this month because I downloaded a lot of videos from Youtube and Vimeo.

So how I can I track download usage?

I can't find a setting in Safari, my provider only gives the total for the current month and you have to log in to get that. I have a Netcomm NB6Plus4Win router which I confess I haven't looked at to see what it provides.

I thought there may be a utility or browser add-in to track usage but I can't find one on CNet.

I want something that as a minimum will be visible on my Mac and show a total for the billing period, and preferably one that will show daily totals as well. I know it would only be measuring traffic generated in the browser or on this Mac but that is good enough for my needs.

Thanks,

Ken.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Ask your ISP for recommended usage meters. Most ISP have software fans who write these little utilities and widgets, and update them, after each major broadband plan change.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.