Can I setup a MAC network this way?

Reaction score
I have a macbook pro and two external drives formatted for MAC. I inherited an HP PC machine that has wireless capability. I was wondering how/if I can plug the MAC formatted external drives USB into the wireless PC, and have them discoverable from my MACbook pro? I plug them in, and can see them in the disk management, but can't set them to share...... I know this may be a PC question in a mac forum, but i only want to use the PC as a wireless router so to speak since it was free......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
If you want the external drives to be usable by both Mac (it is not MAC) and PC you should format them in either FAT or NTFS. I use NTFS and use this nice piece of software:

PARAGON Software Group - NTFS for Mac, communication channel between Mac OS X and Windows

There are other ways to get the job done, but I think this is the most effective/efficient. You could also partition the drive and all that, but it seems to a bigger hassle than the solution I outlinde above.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.