iSight

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook. Once you go black, you never go back. 2.0 Ghz Intel Core Duo; 2 GB RAM; 80 GB HDD
Do you guys think it's worth the price? $149.00 is no small amount for a webcam. Also, straight out of the box, will it mount on my Powerbook or do I have to buy the accessory kit in order for it to fit on my Powerbook? Thanks!

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook. Once you go black, you never go back. 2.0 Ghz Intel Core Duo; 2 GB RAM; 80 GB HDD
Also, will iChat only work with the iSight or will any webcam work with iChat? Thanks again!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 1.33GHz G4 14", 60GB, 768MB RAM, Airport, Bluetooth, Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger
It should work with any webcam.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
You need to get a 3rd party program for USB cams to work with iChat.

the iSight comes with all the mounting kits you need. It also surpasses all other webcams in terms of quality by a long shot

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I will most likely be using the video conferencing with people who don't have Macs. Will iChat still work if I'm the only one using it? Other people will be using Instant Messenger I guess. I guess it's not worth it to get the iSight if they're not also going to be using it, right?

J

Jason

I just bought an iSight today. Very high-quality cam! It works with Yahoo Messenger as well. For some reason, AIM client (on PC) can't view my webcam when I'm using iChat. Strange!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.