Bootcamp doesn't show in startup disk after installed paragon ntfs

Reaction score
hello friends,

please help me with my issue, i'm just using MAC so i have a little knowledge about this problem.

before I installed paragon ntfs, I can switch from os mac to window xp by going into startup disk pressing restart button. however, after I installed paragon ntfs my window icon in startup disk is disappear, that mean I can not switch to window at all.

After I'm having problem I was do some research, some forums told me that I need to remove ntfs, window icon will show in startup disk. So I did it. unfortunately, it's still not showing in startup disk.

So i'm stuck, don't know what to do next, can you please guide me what do so I be able use my window and also can transfer my files b/w mac and window .

Thanks for your help

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Yeah, it's definitely a bug in Paragon. I've been running into it for a long time now. Fortunately, it's pretty easy to work around. You can either hold the Option key down at boot and select the Windows partition that way, or you can download and use QuickBoot, instead of the Startup Disk System Preferences applet. Much more convenient.

OP
T
Reaction score
can you please give me a little more specific step how to do it. I'm still in the learning curve

Thanks for your help

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
can you please give me a little more specific step how to do it. I'm still in the learning curve

Thanks for your help

Assuming you're referring to using the Option key method...

Start with the machine turned off. Turn it on and immediately press and hold the Option key. After a few moments, a screen will appear showing the available boot devices. Choose the one you want to boot from (Mac OS X or Windows/Boot Camp).

If you're referring to QuickBoot, just download the program at the link I posted previously. It comes with instructions. Very easy to use.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.