So - since the update to OS4... ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 500GB HDD, 8GB Ram / iPhone 4 32GB / Nano, Touch & Classic / iMac / Apple TV / iPad 64
I bought a 64GB iPad shortly after my iPhone 4. The iPhone 4 changed the way I worked mainly due to unified inbox and multiple exchange accounts etc i.e. both work and personal emails/contacts/calendars were now available. This was brilliant. I always hated pages of apps as well, so the folders were brilliant.

I got a bit disappointed with the iPad with single exchange account and pages of apps so I sold it. Then they announced OS4 on the iPad, but it was too late.

The opportunity to acquire an iPad has arisen at a very good price and I am giving it some serious thought.

What I want to ask is, since OS4 was available on the iPad what differences has it made to the way you use it? If at all? Do you use it more? Find it more productive?

My main thoughts are that it'd be used more due to having all work and personal calendars and emails available, wireless printing would mean I don't have to turn on the Macbook to print emails and photos etc?

I just don't know whether to do it!?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Multitasking alone makes the update so very worth it. I remember reading a review about 4.2 and it essentially said that it's like having a whole new machine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
I like iOS4.2 much better than 3.x.x on my iPad.
The multitasking is nice for quick switching between apps and coming back right to where you left off in an app. Very handy!

If you're wanting to print from your iPad, remember only certain HP brand printers work with AirPrint. But there are some apps that "claim" you can print with your iPad. I haven't tried any of them out but you can read the reviews and decide for yourself.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13-inch, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel Core i7 Processor
I DEFINITELY would agree that 4.2 on my iPad is awesome...it truly is like having a whole new device. Multitasking & AirPrint are my two favorite new features!

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 500GB HDD, 8GB Ram / iPhone 4 32GB / Nano, Touch & Classic / iMac / Apple TV / iPad 64
I'm ashamed to say that I became very bored of my iPad very quickly originally. Perhaps I didn't give it a chance?

I have an Airprint compatible printer which I am sure will see me picking up my Macbook less. I originally had it hooked up to my personal exchange server and missed using it for work, now I can have multiple exchange servers I am happy as larry (as proved with my iPhone).

I am trying to talk myself into it. In fact, I have gone ahead with the purchase as it was a very, very good price. I am still waiting for it to land at the moment and really hope it lands before Xmas.

I am getting more and more into photography.

I have spent the day reading app reviews and populating my iTunes with interesting things.

Yeah, I'm sold on it.

;P

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.