PDA

View Full Version : Mobile version-impossible to switch to normal

Printerman
12-15-2010, 11:46 PM
On my iPod, it seems to be impossible to switch to the normal version when tapping the link at the bottom of the page. I would like to do this on occasion so I can edit posts.

cwa107
12-15-2010, 11:52 PM
Same here. It has been escalated to the forum owners.

Printerman
12-15-2010, 11:56 PM
Thank you. It's just nice to be able to edit or report posts, and you only realize how much you take it for granted when you can't.

bobtomay
12-16-2010, 05:15 AM
Do yourself a favor and grab at least the free version of Atomic Browser.

Once installed head into the settings and change the 'identify browser as' to Safari Desktop.

Printerman
12-17-2010, 07:52 PM
Thanks bob.

Just downloaded it, works great.

baggss
12-21-2010, 12:19 AM
Same here. It has been escalated to the forum owners.

Like that will fix anything. It's not referred to as "The Glacial Entity" for nothing....

schweb
12-21-2010, 01:47 PM
Like that will fix anything. It's not referred to as "The Glacial Entity" for nothing....

It's already fixed. ;)

Printerman
12-22-2010, 06:18 PM
Yup, thanks guys.

DaFlake
12-22-2010, 06:32 PM
You guys ever thought of using tapatalk? We use it on totalmini.com and it works really well.

AUZambo
12-23-2010, 06:26 PM
I'm in the opposite boat... I'm on my iPhone and CAN'T get the mobile site to load. Shouldn't the browser default to the mobile site?

schweb
12-23-2010, 06:46 PM
I'm in the opposite boat... I'm on my iPhone and CAN'T get the mobile site to load. Shouldn't the browser default to the mobile site?

Technically the mobile site is only supported for premium members.

baggss
12-24-2010, 12:16 AM
It's already fixed. ;)

That explains it. Can't give away nothing for nothing, but you can sell it and call it a "premium" service...:Lips-Are-Sealed:

dtravis7
12-24-2010, 12:34 AM
Do yourself a favor and grab at least the free version of Atomic Browser.

Once installed head into the settings and change the 'identify browser as' to Safari Desktop.

So that is the trick! Thanks Bob as always! I installed Atomic but did not check that setting. Do you have to have the Pay version of will the free do that?

It drives me nuts sometimes especially as a Moderator here.

schweb
12-24-2010, 09:16 AM
That explains it. Can't give away nothing for nothing, but you can sell it and call it a "premium" service...:Lips-Are-Sealed:

Good thing you don't buy it then huh? Saves you a lot of self-hate. ;)

bobtomay
12-24-2010, 09:30 AM
So that is the trick! Thanks Bob as always! I installed Atomic but did not check that setting. Do you have to have the Pay version of will the free do that?

It drives me nuts sometimes especially as a Moderator here.

Don't remember any longer whether that option was available with the free version or not. Pretty sure I had already tested Atomic, liked it and given them the $0.99 for the paid version before I experimented with those settings.

dtravis7
12-24-2010, 02:55 PM
Don't remember any longer whether that option was available with the free version or not. Pretty sure I had already tested Atomic, liked it and given them the $0.99 for the paid version before I experimented with those settings.

Like I PMed you, I did not realize it was only 99 cents. I could not find that option in the free one so bought the pay version. Works great. Thanks so much!

AUZambo
12-26-2010, 11:16 PM

Interesting...a couple of weeks ago the mobile site loaded just fine for me. It was the first time I used my iPhone to browse the site so I thought that's just how it was suppose to be. Maybe I just happened to pick a day when something screwy was going on.

Thanks.

Lbatson21
12-28-2010, 10:47 PM
Yea mine did the same thing. I like the mobile version better. Maybe they recently took it away for non premium members

cwa107
12-29-2010, 10:39 AM
Yea mine did the same thing. I like the mobile version better. Maybe they recently took it away for non premium members

When it was first introduced, it was for premium members only. Later, the site upgraded forum software, and I believe it was turned on for all unintentionally. I don't want to speak for the forum owners, but I believe you are correct - it's now gone back to being a premium feature.