Logic pro 9 on 2ghz dual mac pro

Reaction score
hi guys quick question,

im looking to get into music production and have purchased logic 9 pro. i am a apple newb and was just wondering whether a 2ghz mac pro will be powerful enough to run this software and not lag. i have seen 2.66ghz for sale aswell and wonder if it makes any difference?

cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Is it the Core Duo or the Core 2? I've recorded up to 7 inputs at a time on a C2D MBP and worked with projects with upwards of 50 tracks.

The biggest problem I encountered was due to the software. Logic pe Logic studio wasn't the most stable software ever. When I upgraded to Logic Studio, things started going more smoothly for me. I think that was Logic 8, iirc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP i7 512gb
if it doesnt work out for you, you can sell it to me :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP i7 512gb
guy that works at guitar center has an old macbook w/ 2GB of RAM and hes running Logic 7 express and he says it does it well. I know the full Logic 9 has a lot more in it than Logic Express but I wouldnt know what the difference is...

Ive heard people talk about how their 4GB are almost at their limit but I have no idea how they know or how I would be able to tell if my RAM needs to be upgraded ??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.