Difference Between iBook G4 and PB G4?

O

Oz10

Difference Between iBook G$ and PB G4?

With the New iBook G4...it kninda makes it almost the same as the PB...except the price...what are the differences,...I know they both have G4's (iBook goes down to 800MGz) and the DVD-R...what else??

Thanks
Oz

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
well powerbook has faster speeds in it and i dont thinnk the ibook has ddr memory. screen sizes are different but thats all i got off the top of my head

OP
S

snowdropper

trpnmonkey41 said:
well powerbook has faster speeds in it and i dont thinnk the ibook has ddr memory. screen sizes are different but thats all i got off the top of my head

the new iBook DOES have DDR, but only a max of 640MB compared to the PB 1152.
(although since they use the same RAM types the theoretical max would be the same...)
screen sizes are different but the same resolution.
powerbook has more L2 cache.
iBook does not do monitor spanning.
powerbook has FW800, iBook only has FW400

there are more, but these are the main ones i think.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
You guys covered all the big ones.
Keep in mind that because the iBook was updated, you can expect a new powerbook in a month or two.

OP
O

OSIRIS

Also if you use the AirPort at all, I've found the iBook to pick up signals and keep signal strength much easier. I guess the metal casing of the PowerBook hinders the signal. So if you have a large house or a larger wireless distance you want to cover, then the iBook could be a better choice.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.