Speaker Recommendations?

Reaction score
I need a set of 2.1 speakers to connect to my Macbook Pro, Sub £100/$100. They don't need to be particularly loud as they're going in a small room, but sound quality is important.

Suggestions please.

Reaction score
I need a set of 2.1 speakers to connect to my Macbook Pro, Sub £100/$100. They don't need to be particularly loud as they're going in a small room, but sound quality is important.

Suggestions please.

I use the M-Audio AV40 for desktop recording and music playback. They are powered with plenty of volume for a small room and sound very natural. I found them for $120 on Amazon. A lotta bang for the buck. The only caveat is that they seem to be very influenced by speaker placement. Be prepared to move them around a bit to find the most natural sound.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 Inch Apple MacBook Pro; 2.40 GHZ, 4GB Ram, 250GB HDD
My Logitech Z-2300's are absolutely wonderful! Excellent sound quality for almost any need.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.16 GHz 4GB
harman/kardon SoundSticks III, ultra-clear sound quality

The Soundsticks III were released recently, but they are essentially the same as the Soundsticks II, with a few aesthetic changes.

If high volumes is not an issue, I definitely think these are the ones you want. The sound is ultra-clear, and the bass is real crisp. The sub won't give you quite the rumble that others might, but at decent volumes, it is super accurate, and provides plenty of bass.

I've had a pair for four years, and I couldn't be happier.

harmon_kardon_soundsticks_iii_1.jpg

And who couldn't like the design, it's a classic.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I'm currently using Logitech's G51 5.1 surround kit.

I only have it setup as a 2.1 right now, but it has a very broad frequency response range (especially on the low end, down to 36hz) and lots of power (355w total), so everything sounds very crisp and clear.

logitech_g51_01.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.