openSSH -- Ad-Hoc Airport versus Belkin N1 -- huge speed difference?

Reaction score
Creating an ad-hoc Airport wireless network with the Mac Pro gives me the ability to transfers to/from the iPhone with openSSH at light speed (i.e., 500MB of data in a few minutes); whereas, my Belkin N1 router transfers at a very slow speed (i.e., 500MB in well over one hour). Is this the way it is supposed to be, or is there some way to speed up the Belkin N1 router to iPhone connection so that I get light speed also? Restoring the router to factory settings did nothing helpful. Turning off the firewall had no effect. I am in the same room as the N1 router and the signal is strong. Thanks. Is this the excuse I need to go out and buy the Apple AirPort Extreme Base Station for $180.00? Is anyone using the Airport Extreme Base Station to connect to their iPhone using ssh SFTP and do they get speeds as quick as creating an ad-hoc wireless network with the Mac airport internal card?

OP
L
Reaction score
Status Report: Updating the Firmware of the Belkin N1, and switching to N1 increased the transfer speed to 1.2 MB/Sec (up from 60 KB/Sec) -- this is now one third of the ad-hoc Airport wireless network on the Mac Pro (which is 3.5 MB/sec).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.