MacBook Wireless problems !! ??

Reaction score
Good morning all..

I've had this MacBook now for about a year, since it was given to me by my children. I admit that coming off the world of PCs getting used to Mac and the unique nature of the programs and interface, it has been a bit hard to get used to. However, about 4 months ago we added a "router" to enable all of us in the household ( 3 laptops ) to be in separate places and still access the web. The other two machines are Dell PCs. Everything works well with the PCs, BUT I cannot connect via the router unless I am within 10 or 15 feet, and then only when there are no obstructions between my Mac and the router. AND when traveling have absolutely no WiFi capability !! My question to all of you: Do any of you have this same wireless problem with the MacBook ? If so what was the solution ?? My Mac has the OS X 10.5.8

I have to say that other than the "wireless" problem, it really does very well, has great battery life, and the programs that I do use are great.

Thanks in advance for any advice or recommendations...

Very best regards......// Ernie in NH

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Moved to correct forum.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What model Macbook is it? Can you give us the basic specs? Has the WiFi always been this bad? It almost sounds like the WiFi Antenna's are not even connected to the Airport card or the antenna wires have become pinched in the area of the hinge.

Just a guess of course but a starting point. Please give us the basic specs and OSX version.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.