iPad will not let me load pics

Reaction score
I bought Apple's iPad camera connection kit. I loaded a few images on a memory stick. I keep getting this error message:"The attached USB device is not supported"

I have tried another memory stick with a few other images. I also tried an SD card...same message.

Any suggestions?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Per the iPad documentation:

To Import photos:
Insert the SD Card Reader or Camera Connector, included in the iPad Camera Connection Kit, into the iPad dock connector.

To connect a camera or iPhone, use the USB cable that came with the camera or iPhone, and connect it to the USB port on the Camera Connector. If you’re using iPhone, make sure it’s turned on and unlocked. To connect a camera, make the sure the camera is turned on and in transfer mode. For help, see the documentation that came with the camera. The USB port on the Camera Connector is only for cameras; other USB devices aren’t supported.

To use an SD memory card, insert it in the slot on the SD Card Reader. Don’t force the card into the slot; it fits only one way.
For more information about the connectors, see the iPad Camera Connection Kit documentation.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.