Dragging with magic trackpad - can it be done?

Reaction score
Just got my first Apple iMac yesterday. Loving it apart from one nagging and totally frustrating point.

I bought the magic trackpad extra and I would be over the moon with it but...it won't drag and drop. I've watched the video, over and over and over and try as I might I can't emulate it, everything is ticked that should be ticked.
AAAAaarrrrgh I've been trying for hours...:Angry:

Anyone else have that problem? any tips?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Make sure you do a software update. There's a trackpad update required out-of-the-box

That should solve your issues. Post back either way please

OP
R
Reaction score
thanks mrplow:

When I set the system up it downloaded 5 items for updating - 600+ meg. Didin't think to look what they were.

Just polled server again for updates, none found.

OP
R
Reaction score
:[:[:[ ohdear I've resolved it... seems the bl**dy thing's not really magic, you have to depress the clicking feet with my thumb then hold down a drag with another digit :[:[:[

However, in my defence, it don't work like it says on the video.

Thanks mrplow

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
You can also double-tap without clicking

Anyway, glad it's all working for you now

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I was initially going to post, "are you clicking THEN dragging"..but I totally figured you were doing that and didn't want to look dumb for suggesting such a simple thing..but I guess it wasn't dumb after all..:p

Regards

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.