• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Hulu Plus Simultaneous Streams

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
In the future, my household is getting Hulu Plus. We are getting two devices that are Hulu Plus ready and a third one later on. I've read over Hulu Plus' Terms of Use, and you may only have one stream going at a time. I looked into it more, and I've seen some say they can get two streams going and some can't.

Has anyone every tried having two streams going simultaneously? That'd be really nice to take advantage of that fluke. :p

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Just tried it this morning. Had simultaneous streams playing on:

Roku - watching Family Guy
HTPC - watching The Good Guys
MBP - watching 30 Rock

Only left them all up and running for about 3-4 minutes. Still had good play back on all 3 devices also. No stuttering, out of sync audio , etc.

And still have a lot of shows that can't be seen on the Roku or any mobile device. Tried Sons of Anarchy and Terriers last night. Neither of them showed up on the Roku even after placing them in my queue. So, still can't eliminate the HTPC directly connected to the TV.

OP
iWhat

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Sweet, thank you so much for that bobtomay.

In the near future, I have a feeling; I'll be hogging Hulu Plus pretty much the whole day. I didn't want to have to regularly fight others to watch my stuff! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.