Xbox 360 and Airport Express

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Intel Core Duo, ProTools HD, Digi 192
Hey guys,
Just moved into my apartment and i bought an airport express do go with my comcast internet and play Xbox360. BUT my connection is VERY LAGGY and its really starting to annoy me. I simply cant keep up with everyone because of my connection. I know some people people say i need to tweak with the settings in the airport express but i dont know how. If anyone could please help me out with this i would greatly appreciate it.
thanks
jmurr

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
How do you know if it is your Airport Express - or your network in general - or interference with surrounding networks?

Truthfully I tend to connect my gaming systems directly to a wired network to avoid any dropouts/interference with wireless.

Most setttings are tweaked through the Airport Utility - but you need to verify it is the Express that is causing the lagginess before tweaking anything.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Intel Core Duo, ProTools HD, Digi 192
Yes I'm sure it is the airport express because I've connected straight from the modem into the xbox and my ping is fine. ie. playing call of duty- on the right side of the scoreboard is each player's ping. When it's going through the wireless- its yellow or orange. BUT direct connection its green.
thanks for the response.
I know the tweaking is done in the airport utility but I don't really know what to do. networking isn't really my thing.
If anyone could help I'd appreciate it.
Jmurr

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.