iweb to html to html newsletter?

Reaction score
I'm trying to learn more about html/web but more specifically how to create newsletters.

To give you an idea of where I currently am, when I haven't used html templates provided by campaigner/icontacts I've gone the long route of creating jpeg's in adobe photoshop/imageready, then uploading the photos and replacing the hosted photos with the html code that is generated. I know there are other ways to do it but my html knowledge is basic and doesn't match what I would like to produce.

So after doing that for sometime I decided that I really wanted to use iweb and did a little research about making newsletters then taking that page/newsletter and sending it out. Most of the how-to's then just have you send it via mac mail and I can't find out how to do it by campaigner/icontact/constant contact. I tried to send a test email of the page I made & uploaded (then copied the source code and pasted it in the html section of campaigner) but the email didn't include art and everything was out of place.

Any help would be great. I like that iweb lets me create easily but just can't make that connection to an html email.

Reaction score
To get images to show up in an email, you have to use an absolute path to the image, ie http://www.myserver.com/image.jpg

I wouldn't recommend iWeb for creating graphic emails. You can't use CSS as most email clients won't render it. I use Dreamweaver, then Maxprog's Bulk Mailer to send. It not only manages your mailing list, but also converts it to text on the fly for clients that can't read HTML rich emails.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.