Transfer photos and video to macbook

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been posted b4 but I have just got an Iphone 4 and is there a way of transferring the video or/and photos to Macbook

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Or open up iPhoto to sync pics and videos and import them directly there.

For pics and videos from the iPhone, even if you sync it with your Mac, you can import into a Win machine. I use Picassa at work since all the pics and videos I take are job related.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" (spring 2010), iPhone 4 16gb
Just use the plug that came with your iphone 4 plug it in, open iphoto and your images and videos should pop up. I do this almost daily, love the iphone camera!

Reaction score
transfer photos from iphone to mac

Don't buy any programs. connect your iphone. find your 'pictures' folder, right click, go to 'more', go to 'automator' and select 'create workflow'. delete the 'get specified finder items' window or any window for that matter on the right. On the left side under the libraries folder click 'photos', then just right of that double click 'download photos'. it will open a task window on the right called 'download pictures'. this window will tell you if it sees your iphone or any other camera and that you have pictures to download. DO NOT select the 'delete images from camera after download' option unless you are sure. then in the upper right corner click the 'run' button. done.

Reaction score
transfer photos form iphone

i posted that for all the other people who dont have iphoto or want to use a different camera, etc

Reaction score
transfer photos from iphone

And by the way, the Automator is the best tool in your MAC to do anything that requires a lot of repetition or is time consuming.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.