• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Brazilian billionaire hopes to court Apple for device assembly

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Reaction score
Hmmm…me thinks this will be a good thing?

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Could be or it could just be the same thing in China but in Brazil instead. >_>"

Reaction score

well good for the Brazilians at least and the billionaire. :D

they can obtain such projects if they bargain at prices much lower compared to the Chinese manufacturers of the apple products. the Chinese are doing a good job now, that they also need to win over.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
If they can keep quality/reliability levels the same or better, I'm for it! I'm tired of China taking over manufacturing due to their cheap labor.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
If it'll cut off 1-2 days of shipping an item that usually ships from China, I'm all for it! :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
That will be a good boost for Brazil. I also agree if reliability/quality are the same or better I'm all for it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Great, one of Soro's Quantum Fund cronies. Wonderful thing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
He's been written about extensively for quite some time. Small world I guess.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Great, one of Soro's Quantum Fund cronies. Wonderful thing.

Gee.... one might think that you don't approve of Soro's or his foundations with such words. I wonder if you know what the man has actually done as a philanthropist and human being, or are you just one whom likes to scoff at those with a liberal agenda in general ? Just curious, not meaning to flame or pick a fight. In fact, I'm neither left or right.. I'm fairly neutral where politics are concerned.

But I should note that I know a thing or two about the man and about the Open Society Institute. And not JUST because I lived in Hungary this past year. (He's a Hungarian Jew, btw)

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
George funds a great many things, some of which I don't personally agree with and many of which don't appeal to me as good for the US in general. So, you are correct, I don't approve of many of his endeavors. He's free to pursue whatever he wants to, but his ideals collide with my generally Libertarian outlook on things. Often, when reading quotes and quips from George, I get the idea he feels personally convinced that he has been chosen to change the world to fit his personal vision, rather than allowing people to walk on their own, come to their own conclusions, live with the results thereof. State sovereignty ceding globalization policies, the IMF, the IANSA and The American Constitution Society don't generally appeal to me as being conducive to those things here in the US. What do I know though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.