organizing music

Reaction score
I am looking for a recommendation for a fairly inexpensive (or free) software program to organize music with keywords. I want to go through and tag my songs with keywords: love, dance, etc. like we can do with photos.

And I would like to be able to publish this keyword list with the corresponding CDs to friends.

If there is such software, I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you.

Reaction score
iTunes can actually be used for keywords. Typically, the "grouping" line in the get info window is unusued and can be sorted within the program. You could enter your keywords there and sort by album, artist, or even keyword in the windows.

The only playlist publication feature I have seen is the one that publishes your playlists to the ITMS, and I'm not sure if these "grouping" tags would transfer there. How were you thinking of sharing the playlist?

OP
A
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply.

I see the grouping line in the "get info" window. After I put in my keywords, I would I do the search? When I search in the itunes search window, it doesn't find my keywords.

Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.