iWeb will not launch

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4 ghz 320 GB HDD 2GB DDR3 RAM - iPhone 4s 32 GB Black
Hi guys I have got a bit of a problem here with a Mac. I am try to launch iWeb but can't because I am being faced with this error message " The application iWeb quit unexpectedly. The problem may have been caused by the SFWordProscessing plug-in.

Does anyone know what I could try to get this up and running. I have tried deleting the temporary preference file which did not work, I have also tried deleting a font which might have associated itself with the error which did not work. I am beginning to think weather I should re install iWeb ...

Thanks for your time guys.

Eagle.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
The error does indeed appear to be linked to a font. A quick search suggests different fonts - some say Hoefler, some say any Oblique fonts. Here's a start - open up Font Book, select all the fonts and go to File > Validate Fonts. What do you get?

See here for more info.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.