down grading mac OS X 10.2

S

Se7eN

i just got a power book with an 80gig hard drive from ebay. I went out and got Mac os x 10.2 jag and i tryed to do a fresh install but it would not boot off the cd, ive tryed to hold down "c", tryed changing the boot sequence to go to the cd when it restarts but it just boots to the desktop, also tryed clicking on the cd then clicking on the install and restarting from there and that does not work. So then i went to linux and deleted the mac software then i tryed to boot off the max osx and the same problem occured.
Ive tryed Mac osx server, 9.1 and bolth give me the same problem. Any suggestions i would love to hear. thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
try restarting and holding down the Option key. it should show up with bootable devices

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pwnt
Have you tried using a different cd? Like software restore instead of software install?

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
what powerbook?
if its the titanium yuo shouldent have problems
if its an alu, they require mac os x 10.2.3[/], and the newer ones need 10.2.7. SO it wont work, jaguar. panther come out tomorrow, so that will work.
When did you buy Jaguar?

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
ah ok.
well you can get panther for 20 bucks i think... or free... tomorrow at 8 PM.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.