personal recording

B

brianwithan eye

Ive never done computer recording on my own, but with my powerbook arriving "on or before august 2nd" I feel as thought I should begin to put GarageBand to some use once it gets here.

So does anyone have any suggestions as to decent but well priced audio equipment for recording things such as acoustic demos with bass and vocals as well?

Check out the stuff I've recorded with my full band...in a studio tho not on GB heh. www.purevolume.com/outofservice

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual 2.5 ghz g5 desktop with ati 800x video card,14" iBook 1gb
i record my "premier artist series birch" set on the little mic on the ibook and it sounds pretty decent if you turn down the input volume all the way...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
We recorded our album entirely digital into DP4 (mixed in Pro Tools) on a MDD G4 thru a 2 channel Tascam US-224 ($250) and a preamp plus condenser mic($450?) for the vocals. For acoustic demos something like a Tascam would be adequate. Find a decent condenser for the vox - it makes all the difference ;)
Edit: I think the price on tascams has come down - that was the price 2 years ago

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.