Dreamweaver FTP problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2- 24" iMac's. 3.06GHz 8GB Ram 1TB
I have an existing site that I have no problem with connecting to my server with. I have built a new site for a friend, and I cannot get it to connect. I am using the same settings as mine, yet I am getting an error message that I cannot make a connection to the host. I've gone through all of the settings, and have to think that it is something small that I am overlooking. I've called my host, they are not helpful. I thought that I would give it a shot here before I have to spend money to call Adobe tech support.

If I couldn't connect with my site, I would think that I've got a settings problem. Since I can connect,... I am baffled.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 21.5 Inch 3.06 GHZ 4GB Ram 500 Gig HD, Ipad 32 GB, Iphone 4S 16 GB.
Adobe wont be able to help you with issue to do with your web domain as this is down to the domain provider.

Whats the address of the new site?

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I spoke with two different people where we have the domains, they were not helpful at all.

paularicedesign.com is the address. There is a site up, that we are trying to replace.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
May be your ftp client I use filezilla which is free and it works very well. It might be worth trying to connect via a different program.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I tried filezilla and i got the same error message. Very bizzarre.

Reaction score
Try using core FTP or Ace FTP. may be it will help you to sort out problem, have a try

Good luck

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i host through godaddy. the reason i suspect it's a software issue is that i even tried making a new site and it won't take, yet my site connects just fine.

thanks so much for your responses.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.8Mhz, 3G iPhone, iMac Pro 15"
I have my two sites with GoDaddy and I found them very helpful when I had an ftp issue. As I remember it was a issue that required all lower case.
Try again to see if you get someone that will work through the issue with you.
You are most likely correct in that it is a setting that the site does not like.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.