Is there a "Start up" folder on a Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Aluminium running at 2.4 GHz.
Hi again,
Are you getting sick of me yet? O:)

On a Windows based PC it is possible to drag operations into what is called the "Start up" folder. Things such as Firefox, Microsoft Word etc. In fact, nearly any programme on your computer. Once there it means that when your PC starts up, the programmes that you added to the Start Up folder ALSO start up. Very handy if, like me, you get up in the mornings and turn the PC on on the way past it while heading for the kitchen and that first mug of coffee. When you get back in front of the PC your favourite programmes are up and running.

Can that be done on a Mac?
I've tried Google and I'm still reading the results but no joy so far.
Cheers,
Steve

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Go into System Preferences and click on Accounts. Go to the Login Items tab and click the "+" to add whatever apps you want to open when you start up.

P.S. Be sure the "padlock" at the bottom is unlocked so you can make changes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
Alternatively, right click the icon on the desktop and under Options you'll see 'Open at login'.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Alternatively, right click the icon on the desktop and under Options you'll see 'Open at login'.

And that's one of the great things I love about Macs. Options for performing a task. :D

OP
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Aluminium running at 2.4 GHz.
Thanks, guys.
Much appreciated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.