PDA

View Full Version : Can't post a topic again

the8thark
11-09-2010, 10:59 PM
Hi,

I have tried ti post a topic in the news section as I do. And I tried many times today and no go. Everytime I try it press submit new thread and it just reloads a blank screen and the new topic is not created.

This rather annoying not being able to post a new topic there. Is there anything that can be done about it?

[edit] Obviously I can post a topic here. Maybe having a link in the post makes it not work now. Who knows.

schweb
11-10-2010, 07:05 AM
Hi,

I have tried ti post a topic in the news section as I do. And I tried many times today and no go. Everytime I try it press submit new thread and it just reloads a blank screen and the new topic is not created.

This rather annoying not being able to post a new topic there. Is there anything that can be done about it?

[edit] Obviously I can post a topic here. Maybe having a link in the post makes it not work now. Who knows.

I'm not able to reproduce the issue. What were you trying to post and have you tried other browsers?

iWhat
11-10-2010, 08:58 AM
Maybe we found another word that triggers our spam plugin. For example, when the word "Apple" was used in a thread title, following a thread submission would produce a blank page.

What was the title of the thread?

the8thark
11-10-2010, 12:50 PM
"Apple may delay support for AirPrint through Macs and Windows PCs"

the8thark
11-11-2010, 09:00 AM
Yeah it's happening again. I post a few topics then boom I get the white screen and can't post more topics for a while. Is this just a filter saying if you post too many topics in a certain time frame you get locked out of posting more topics?

iWhat
11-11-2010, 10:01 AM
If you come across this issue, you're just going to have to reword the title. This might have to do with our spam plugin.

For example: Apple delays support for AirPrint through Macs and Windows

the8thark
12-03-2010, 01:35 PM
This issue just reared it's ugly head again. Right now. And this was the title of the topic I am trying to post.

"Apple won't allow demos, trials, betas on Mac App Store"

schweb
12-03-2010, 01:36 PM
Have you tried rewording it to see if it works?

the8thark
12-03-2010, 01:40 PM
Yes. And if I replace the word Apple with  it seems to work. So it seems the word Apple is the culprit.

Funny that, you can't post Apple on a Mac forum :)

schweb
12-03-2010, 01:47 PM
Thanks, I've reported the issue to the devs.

SoftWareRevue
12-03-2010, 04:22 PM
Are ya'll are talking about posting to the News forum category or the blog?

bobtomay
12-03-2010, 04:36 PM
He was probably trying to post to the Rumors & Reports forum.
Issue is only when the word "Apple" appears in the title of a new thread.

SoftWareRevue
12-06-2010, 10:53 AM
Thanks, Bob. Should be fixed now. :)