• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

FireStorm Creation, needs, Test Bunnies!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Hey guys. Two things.

Soon and very soon, FireStorm Creation will be releasing, a whole new new application. It will be called Evur, and will work on Mac and eventually PC :), we are hoping for it to replace Irc.

To start, we need as many people as we can, to download the Beta, when we release it. It will be on firestormcreation.com, Versiontracker.com, MacUpdate.com, Macshareware.net and I will inform you of its release here at mac-forums.com. So just start thinking about it in the back of your heads, that we need you to be our beta testers, and we need you guys to try and find all the bugs you can, and then email us. [email protected] or PM me here.

second!

FireStorm Creation is taking Evur seriously and we are currently in the stage of making animated .gifs to be advertised on what ever site will accept us. (versiontracker is our big big target) So far I made 4 ads. If you guys here wouldn't mind taking a look at them and telling me which one you like best. (which is what the poll is for).

Here they are. PLEASE take a good long look at each one, and THEN vote. They took alot of time and effort, I really want the best for Evur :)

EvurAd_5.gif

Evur%20Ad2_3.gif

Evur%20Ad3_2.gif

Evur%20Ad4_2.gif

Thanks guys again!

F

Fomer

1 is my favorite.
2 I don't care for too much I think it kind of too flashy.
3 Looks Macish and def could draw in some mac people
4 Simple but effective.

So if I had to pick it'd be 1, very eye-catching yet still very professional! Once this goes windows I know a lot of forums I could post a link to it and they'd all download it. Big time file share people.

By the way will this be free? :)

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Fomer said:
1 is my favorite.
2 I don't care for too much I think it kind of too flashy.
3 Looks Macish and def could draw in some mac people
4 Simple but effective.

So if I had to pick it'd be 1, very eye-catching yet still very professional! Once this goes windows I know a lot of forums I could post a link to it and they'd all download it. Big time file share people.

By the way will this be free? :)

It will be a free client, but the server will be paid. (with the acception of Mac-forums.com, all will be free for it, (and default connection will be to mac-forums.com server)) We need emrys to test the server before we release the public beta.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Alright beta testers and future beta testers!
Evur Public beta has been released!
Head over to http://www.firestormcreation.com/fsevur.html and download public beta 0.1! Then connect to the server listed in the read me!

Please post all of your comments and questions here! or email me!

S

Stanley

About the ads: i like the fourth one best. Maybe they're all a bit too 'text-only'. Maybe you could throw in a nice logo or something...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
it works well ... after i was the guinea pig!! :p

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
:) yeah, its still got a few bugs, and people are finding them :)

Its actually getting quite alot of visiters.

D

dziner

Defintely need a logo. Text is okay to a point, but a nice logo/icon will stick in someone's head. Brand recognition. Look at the AIM guy, Apple logo, etc. And if it links to the Firestormcreation site you don't need to have the url in the banner. The URL makes it too cluttered. How much does version tracker charge for advertising? I'll be sure to download and beta test for you. And if you ever need help with banners, logos, etc. drop me a line.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yeah, :) I think ill have to rebuild the .gifs, and make them a lil more memorable.

VT charges $1500, for 3 months. No, I don't think I will be able to afford that :) (thats with the developer discount). Sigh*, Ill have to find some place else.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
We just completed v0.11. It has a few bugs. But I think its getting better. It will be available for download 2morrow morning!

-thanks again to all our beta testers!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
looks really good.. its coming along quite nicely

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.