Can't buy album on iTunes

Reaction score
Hey there,

For a couple of days now I have not been able to buy albums on iTunes from my iPhone 4. I can buy the songs one by one but when I click on "purchase album", nothing happens. I tried to buy different albums from different artists from different countries and it doesn't work.

I tried ti purchase the ams albums on my ipad and it works.

I reset my iPhone three times already.

Any idea?

Reaction score
Hey there,

For a couple of days now I have not been able to buy albums on iTunes from my iPhone 4. I can buy the songs one by one but when I click on "purchase album", nothing happens. I tried to buy different albums from different artists from different countries and it doesn't work.

I tried ti purchase the ams albums on my ipad and it works.

I reset my iPhone three times already.

Any idea?

Not sure. I never do it. Can you do it on itunes on the computer and it work?

I always buy from Amazon because they are .mp3 and work in any player or I can burn a CD or whatever I want. Plus they are cheaper. I know you didn't ask for this advice but check out Amazon. You can get a brand new CD that just came out for 7 bucks. Full album. if you get it off iTunes it cost more usually. And you can put it in your iPhone just as easily as you can the ones you get off of iTunes! They can be added to your iTunes library or anything. They usually have a 99 cent price one by one on Amazon. Much like iTunes. But when it comes to buying the whole album every album I've wanted was always cheaper on Amazon.

Are you connected to wifi or 3G? It might not let you download a whole album on 3G at once because of how much it would take. Because you have a 2GB per month limit. And depending on the album you could use a lot of that up very quickly. Better to just do it on the computer and then put it on the iPhone in my opinion. Don't use your data plan! Unless you're on wifi of course.

C

chas_m

I always buy from Amazon because they are .mp3 and work in any player or I can burn a CD or whatever I want.

Just for the record, since a lot of people seem confused by this ... songs purchased from iTunes can be burned to a CD or "whatever you want" as well. There is no DRM on songs purchased from iTunes anymore and hasn't been for years.

They can also be converted to MP3 format right from within iTunes if you like, though as most of use iTunes with iPods and other devices that support AAC, this is much less of a requirement than it used to be.

Are you connected to wifi or 3G? It might not let you download a whole album on 3G at once because of how much it would take.

Excellent point. The OP might be having this problem on 3G for the reasons you mentioned.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.