SDHC Reader Suggestions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
Hey all,

So I bought a Belkin multicard reader a while back, probably less than a year ago or so and I have only used it a few times. When I bought it I had SD and CF cards I was reading on it. Now I no longer have a need for CF I don't use it much. I cannot seem to get SDHC to read on it. I have a 16 gig card and a 4 gig SDHC card that will not read at all.

I don't know if it's the limitation of the reader or what. I don't quite remember what the specifications of it were, but it's driving me batty. I can't use the dern thing anymore because it won't read my cards.

I am looking to see what you guys use and would suggest for SDHC and your mac. Since I have the model iMac right before they released them with SD slots, I need some type of external solution.

Any suggestions?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I've had several of the cheapie external readers (this style - easy to carry in camera bag) for my SDHC cards. They just don't seem to last long, or get persnickety about the way the card is plugged in and want you to jiggle them.

So, I just keep two of them. When one starts going flaky, I trash it and get another.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.