dreamweaver beginner

B

brianwithan eye

I will be ordering my first mac today. Thats the good news

The bad news is that I run a website for my band that is currently created on MS Frontpage. I'm honestly not a hardcore web designer...at all. Our page is rather simple and im content with that. Now that I am moving to mac, I do need to find a replacement to work on the site. Is dreamweaver the program for me or is there a program even simpler just like Frontpage (which i swear could be taught to a chimp).

I will be keeping my dell box around to work on the site during my tranisitional period but im looking ahead to the future here. How simple is dreamweaver for someone not that experienced with scripting at all?

if you want to listen stop over at www.purevolume.com/outofservice

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Dreamweaver has much more functionality than FrontPage but can still be very easy to use. Much like frontpage you can design a site without doing and coding, and just typing and dragging things where you want them. When you first open it it looks like it will be much harder than FrontPage but it is not hard at all, and you can also work on your FrontPage projects in DreamWeaver with no problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
If you want a real simple, no-brainer site with a nice design and all the features you'll need check out rapidweaver.

It works with themes and is useful to make effective sites in 0 time.

EDIT: Don't post your songs on your page in wma format, bad marketing: People can't just use them on iPods without converting first - and the iPod using market share is pretty large nowadays. Plus nearly every device can play back mp3 (Mobile phones, Pocket PC's, Palms, Linux/Windows/mac, the PSP etc...)

OP
I

ineedanewmac

I used to use FrontPage all the time. When I switched to Apple, I was using OS 8, and FrontPage made a good version (1.0) for Mac. I have no Idea why they don't make it anymore. Its Just plain dumb. Well, I used that FrontPage 1.0 for as long as I could. Using the program in Classic mode was super buggy, and it would crash at the drop of a hat.

I think dreamweaver is a bit complex for the beginer, and costly too.

Mozilla / Netscape Composer is a free alternative. You'll probably hate it though, after using frontPage for so long. I know I hated everything for a while after FP. I never found another program that made links automatically when you typed in a url.

Maybe you wont hate Composer.

Good luck

Good luck.

OP
I

ineedanewmac

Aptmunich said:
If you want a real simple, no-brainer site with a nice design and all the features you'll need check out rapidweaver.

It works with themes and is useful to make effective sites in 0 time.

EDIT: Don't post your songs on your page in wma format, bad marketing: People can't just use them on iPods without converting first - and the iPod using market share is pretty large nowadays. Plus nearly every device can play back mp3 (Mobile phones, Pocket PC's, Palms, Linux/Windows/mac, the PSP etc...)

Has nothing to do with this thread, but I quite enjoyed listening to your band's songs. Keep it up. Its pretty unique.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.