PDA

View Full Version : 301 Moved Permanently Error

vansmith
11-03-2010, 11:44 PM
I spent five minutes trying to figure out if this was the best place and I ended up here (I'm sure I'll find out this was the wrong place).

As of now (Nov, 3, 10:40 PM EST), going to mac-forums.com leads to a "301 Moved Permanently" error and it only does this in Opera. I'm sure the Opera using base isn't huge (it's definitely not as large as it should be) but I though it might be worth noting. Is anyone else able to verify this or is it only me?

McYukon
11-04-2010, 12:39 AM
Safari (5.0.2) - Okay
Firefox (3.6.12) - Okay
Opera (10.52 Beta 2) - Okay
Opera (10.63) - Okay

jgusto31
11-12-2010, 03:25 AM
When you say 301 permanently error does the website redirect to some other website(page)?

dtravis7
11-12-2010, 05:06 AM
Any particular version of Opera Van? Works here but I am using the latest Release version and not a beta.

vansmith
11-12-2010, 03:53 PM
I think I've narrowed it down to the fact that I'm running the Opera 11 Alpha. It doesn't happen with other browsers and I seem to be having the issue with other sites. My bad.

virexix
11-28-2010, 10:24 PM
I spent five minutes trying to figure out if this was the best place and I ended up here (I'm sure I'll find out this was the wrong place).

As of now (Nov, 3, 10:40 PM EST), going to mac-forums.com leads to a "301 Moved Permanently" error and it only does this in Opera. I'm sure the Opera using base isn't huge (it's definitely not as large as it should be) but I though it might be worth noting. Is anyone else able to verify this or is it only me?

I downloaded the Opera 11 Beta yesterday, and today I played with the settings a little. While Googling various things, Opera also had the same 301 Error. I then remembered a setting I changed: I disabled automatic redirection.

Here is how to enable it again:

-Menu
-Settings
-Preferences
-Advanced
-Network
-Enable Automatic Redirection should be checked.

It took me a while, but then I figured it out.