iweb

Reaction score
Hi there,
I’m an English and Film studies teacher in the UK- teaching 11-18 year-olds. I’m thinking of setting up an online school magazine using iweb that’ll be updated every 2-3 weeks. Thinking of maybe a home page then 4/5 different sub-pages linking to sport / art / academic etc.
(As a template I’d love to design a much, much simpler /scaled down version of Latest news, comment and reviews from the Guardian | guardian.co.uk) Would really appreciate some advice to the questions below:

1. Is iWeb powerful enough to cope with this?
2. How easy would it be to update – would I have to start again every time I want to update a page
3. Can I embed videos on the site?
4. How much data (GBs) can I put on such a site and what is the cost (thinking about photos and vids eventually?
5. What are the costs of webhosting?
6. I’ve heard iWeb sites take time to load- is this true?
7. Would I be able to update from multiple computers or just the one I built the site on?
8. I wouldn’t be able to commit more than a few hours a week to it once up and running- is this too little time?

Sorry – loads of questions. Thanks in advance people.

Best wishes

Jamie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
1. iWeb would easily be able to cope with the requirements you have.
2. You just update the page and then upload it to your host. You start where you left off last time, so no trying to recreate everything froms scratch.
3. Yes. The Media Inspector allows you to do that very easily. It would add the video files to your site without you having to upload them separately.
4. The data size will depend on your hosting package with your web provider e.g. 123-reg
5. See above link.
6. Not sure what you mean by this...if you mean loading your project. It is pretty quick.
7. If you want to do this, then you'll need to store your files on a server so that you can access them elsewhere. I'd suggest using Dropbox to store your files on and then you can access them wherever you are.
8. iWeb is very simple and easy to use. You will not need more than an hour or two to update a week.

Hope this helps!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.