Unlock 3GS iOS 4.1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm currently backpacking in Santiago, Chile. Shortly before starting my trip I updated the firmware to 4.1 and in the process locked it to the Telstra network.

Now I can't use my global sim card. What are my options for getting the phone unlocked here in Santiago? I've seen unlock codes advertised on the web but aren't sure I can trust them.

Anyone able to advise?

Thanks
Splint

Reaction score
Ring Telstra. Not sure on this network myself as I am in the UK but it is an Australian network right?
You can sometimes have your phone unlocked by your service provider, you just have to give them a couple of details. I unlocked my aunties 3GS whilst she was over here from Australia by ringing her service provider in Oz, can't remember who she was with but give it a try.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks, Telstra wil slug me $150 to unlock it as I don't qualify for a free unlock.

It would be cheaper to buy a cheap unlocked phone, apparently they can be purchased for around $40 here.

Reaction score
That's unfortunate. Some providers seem to be more generous than others.
Ye get another phone to use. You can still use the wifi if any are available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.