Trying to create The Cure guitars in garageband

Lyo

Reaction score
I am trying to create The Cure guitars in garage band, I am having real trouble find the sound. I was wondering if anybody has manages to do this yet. I am using garageband 09, 5.1.

I have been tried using the guitar tracks provided using the English combo amp with, chorus, flange, phaser, delay and reverb. I have been experimenting with the different pedals, using some and not others and changing the amp settings. I have also tried using some AU's from freeware sites but still can't find that Cure sound.

if anybody has any suggestions and or has accomplished this sound and would like to share, then I am grateful.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Macbook Pro 2.26, 160gb HD, 2gb RAM, OSX 10.6; Emac 1.42ghz 80gb HD 2gb RAM OSX 10.5
Ok. I've never actually used garageband (I'm due to, no?), so I'm basing this on real pedals.

I would imagine you could use a combination of flange, reverb, wah, and distortion. Mild on the last two, high on the flange, and mid on the reverb.

See what that does.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.