misaligned images in iWeb site? Why??

Reaction score
I have recently published my first iWebsite to mobile me. The site includes a blog with some images and a video. When I open iWeb to ediT/view my site everything looks fine. All the images/video are where and as they should be. Everything is perfectly aligned.

Problem is when I view my site online the images and video are mis-placed and out of line. Some are in the wrong place and overlapping text where they shouldn't be? Why is this? Mobile ME don't stand a chance in **** of me paying them 65 euros per year if this how my website will look!

Please help!!!:Angry-Tongue:

Reaction score
Can you please give me a link to the site and I'll have a look for you... :)

OP
S
Reaction score
Can you please give me a link to the site and I'll have a look for you... :)

Hi there, ok thanks that would be fantastic! You probably will have to paste the link in your URL.

http://web.me.com/sboutcher/www.Bet...y_weights”_-_Anonymous,_misinformed_lady.html

As you see there is a drawn image of an elderly lady lifting a barbell over her head, but it appears the image is poorly placed. The image overlaps the text and looks very poorly made. It does not look like this at all in iWeb when I edit the site, everything looks perfectly aligned. Also the youtube video clip is doing the same this. In iWeb the video is perfectly aligned.

In addition people cannot leave comments on my site, the function does not work even though I have allowed this function. Readers are also unable to subscribe to my blog either. This is also allowed. Not too impressed with iWeb thus far since hardly anything works. Hope you can help buddy! :)

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I don't see any overlapping in firefox, however it could use some padding. It's really close to the caption.

OP
S
Reaction score
I don't see any overlapping in firefox, however it could use some padding. It's really close to the caption.

I see what you mean, but in iWeb the picture has to be very "overlapped" so that it looks ok on the site as you see it. In iWeb the text and pictures are very misplaced and over lapped. Very annoying.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Looks fine in Safari as well !!!!

Youtube plays ok with NO overlapping

OP
S
Reaction score

Thats the problem, the text actually is nowhere near the caption in iWeb it is very evenly placed. The you tube video looks okay, but that is because I've moved it far from its original placing in iWeb. I had to paste the video on top of a pile of text. Its messed up! That can't be how it is done?

OP
S
Reaction score
Still getting nowhere. Ready to throw iWeb in the trash

Hi Guys, okay I'm about ready to delete iweb out of pure frustration and swear to never use it again. I have now taken a screen capture image of the problem with misalignment of images/text. The pictures show what the website looks like A. In iWeb. B. On the net in all web browsers

A.file:///Users/Steve/Desktop/On%20iWeb.png

B.file:///Users/Steve/Desktop/On%20Safari.png

You see the problem? I must align all of my images and text incorrectly in iWeb in order for them to look correct when viewed on a web browser. Why on earth is this? Been like this from the start and it doesn't help to change the theme either, still all the images & video are misaligned. PLEEEEESE HELP!!!!!:Grimmace:

Sorry for not pasting the images above, I would if I knew how. Just copy the address into your URL and you will see the images!!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.