VGA cable or component - Ipad to TV?

Reaction score
I have an Ipad that I would like to hook up to my LCD TV. I have component or VGA. I want to watch Netflix and Itunes movies on my TV using the Ipad and want to know which one is will give me better video quality: VGA cable or component cables?

Also, in what I've seen so far, some other people have mentioned that certain movies have DRM restrictions. What does this mean for display quality?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
If you have the option get the component kit. It has everthing uou need without going to look for all the rest of the cables you'll need wth the VGA adapter.

DRM has nothing whatsoever to do with display quality.

I have not really delved into this topic that much since I have a HTPC. My understanding at this point, is that you'll be able to watch Netflix and a lot of youtube videos. You'll not be able to watch anything currently from the ABC app, hulu, MLB streaming, DRM protected movies/TV shows from iTunes and a whole bunch of other stuff.

If anyone here is actually using their iPad connected to a TV, we would all appreciate any clarification you might have.

Reaction score
Also, after iOS 4.2 rolls in in November, you could do it wirelessly through a $99 appleTV. Which I would think is the best option.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
What will you be connecting it with? I had the apple adapter and netflix wouldn't work on it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.