and this is why i dont update, please help

Reaction score
alright, to start i had an iphone 3gs jailbroken for 4+ months running 3.1.3. it just started to get buggy so i decided to update. i took the easy route and updated instead of restoring then i re-jailbroke with limera1n. after that, my pictures were there but my music didnt show up. so i decided to restore because the main reason i didnt in the first place is because 12 gigs of pictures, videos, and songs takes forever over usb. so after the restore, wouldnt you know, music is back but my pictures are gone. the pictures are on the device, i know that because i was able to use iphone explorer to back them up but yet it still does not show up in settings-general-about or the photos application. also, my wallpaper, from my camera roll is still there. does anyone know how to solve this? i really dont want them in a separate album then my camera roll, nor do i want to restore again. could i delete them from the folder on iphone explorer and put them back on? any help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3Ghz i7 32GB 1TB | iPhone XR
Normally after a restore all the music is wiped from the device, so are you sure it restored correctly? Did the pictures disappear before or after you jail broke?

OP
stickerdontwork
Reaction score
the music is back and fine, the pictures were there after the second jailbreak b/c i remember looking at the new photos app. but after the restore the pictures disapeared

OP
stickerdontwork
Reaction score
i looked over it in iphone explorer, the reason all of the pictures dont appear is because there are no thumbnail files in the .misc file, only pictures in the 100apple file. does anyone know how i could fix this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3Ghz i7 32GB 1TB | iPhone XR
Did you restore from Backup after the phone was restored? Where all the photos in your camera roll?

OP
stickerdontwork
Reaction score
yea, i restored from a backup that was 2 hours old. i called apple, apparently my phone service is up so its up to you guys.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iPod Touches and iPad
Let me summarize... you jailbroke your iPhone not once, but twice then you finally restored it with the current Apple iOS and lost some of your content and then called Apple and expected them to help you.

Did I get that right?

OP
stickerdontwork
Reaction score
i called apple expecting them to know this problem because it has happened to me several times in the past. i want to know why the pictures are on my phone but refuse to show in camera roll. there should be no remainders of a jailbreak after it restores so this one is on apple

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Let me summarize... you jailbroke your iPhone not once, but twice then you finally restored it with the current Apple iOS and lost some of your content and then called Apple and expected them to help you.

Did I get that right?

I think that pretty much sums it up...

stickerdontwork said:
i called apple expecting them to know this problem because it has happened to me several times in the past. i want to know why the pictures are on my phone but refuse to show in camera roll. there should be no remainders of a jailbreak after it restores so this one is on apple

Keep telling yourself that. The name of this thread should be "and this is why I don't jailbreak my phone"...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS

Yeah ..... right .... keep dreaming man, this one is not on Apple, this one is on YOU.

Cheers ... McBie

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.