• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

!!!!!help Theres Not Much Time!!!!!!!!!

M

MacMan101

Sorry about the title I used that to get your attention....I guess it worked....

Anyways...

Is there a website that shows you how to do stuff on your Mac Classic II?

With pictures to show you more detial.

Thanks alot.

(o i hope you get my signeture!!! on the bottom of your post type icu to tell me you get wut i mean on my signature)

Thnaks alot

MacMan101
MacMan101
MacMan101
MacMan101
MacMan101

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual 2.5 ghz g5 desktop with ati 800x video card,14" iBook 1gb
you start to many topics

slow down friend!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
MacMan101, here's the story on why you're not getting any answers.

First, a Classic II is a very old mac (~15 years.) Very few of us remember stuff that old, much less how to get it onto the internet in any useful way. Plus, you're posting in the "Anything Goes" forum, which is usually where people on Mac-Forums goof off. You'd be better off in the "Other Software" forum. Even then, you'll be lucky to find anyone who remembers that far back.

http://lowendmac.com/compact/classicii.shtml

Now, as far as your questions go: You'll need MacTCP (google for it) as well as a modem and the software for that modem. Netscape 4.0 (68K version) or iCab (google for it) are the latest that will run on your system. That's as much as I can help you with; that's all I can remember.

Good luck.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
How much RAM does your Classic II have? That can make a big difference which browser will run. It will have to be an older browser even if you have the memory maxed out. I use an old program by Conetrix called Ram Doubler. That will allow a browser to have more ram avalible to it. Otherwise with the stock RAM, it will be hard to find a browser that will even load into memory. ICab for old 68k Macs might be your best bet. Search for ICab and make sure to get the old 68k version. I would try to find Ram Doubler also. It will help out a lot with the Classic II. Check LowEnd Mac but I am pretty sure 8Megs is the Max the Classic II will accept.

OP
M

MacMan101

i dont no how much ram? i dont no a little my ram is off now....well..i nno how to turn it on but i think itll wast all of my storage

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
this is one of those threads that the title has to be changed because it is againste forum courtesy.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
MacMan101 said:
i dont no how much ram? i dont no a little my ram is off now....well..i nno how to turn it on but i think itll wast all of my storage
Translation please, I am having problems here.

If you select the Apple pull down menu, you should see about this Apple or someting like that. Select it, then you will see how much memory you have and what OS level you are using. Also if i remember correctly, you will see what applications are running and how much memory they are using.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.