Mac mini webmail

A

adamherb

Does anyone know if there is a program that can be used to generate a webmail page. What I mean is, if you want to check your email from yahoo, you go to yahoo.com and give them your user name and password from within a browser. I am planning to set up my a mac mini as a web/email server, and am wondering if there is a way that I can do that so I can check my email when I am away from my house.

Also is there a way that I can restrict access to some of the pages that I am going to host using OS X websharing?

Reaction score
Check out Horde.org they have an webmail thing also check neomail.sourceforge.net

You could always use PHP to setup a login that would be required for viewing certain pages.

OP
A

adamherb

Can you use the neomail thing for mac OS X, it looks like something that would be for Liux.

OP
A

adamherb

So I just install it as I would on Linux or is there a binary? All I see is a tarball

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I have not looked, but untar the tarball and see what you get.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.