• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

I found some cheap macs! (Used)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
I found these macs for sale locally. I can't buy them until tomorrow, but I'm going to grab a couple. I'd like the Powermac G4, and second choice would be the iMac. They all come with no OS installed and the hard drive wiped, but I can install Panther or Tiger on them (most likely Panther). I don't plan on getting the Quicksilver, but I may get a couple of the others, depending on what's available. I just can't pass up the price.

Apple Powermac G4 / 400MHz / 512mb / 10GB / DVD-ROM / Sound / NIC / 2 USB / 2 firewire / Zip100 / Keyboard / Mouse / 17" Monitor (2 available) $125

Blue & White Apple G3 Power Macs 450-350 MHz / 384-576MB / 6-10GB / CD-ROM / sound / NIC (4 Available) $50-$100

Blue iMac G3 400 MHz / 256MB / 13GB / DVD / NIC / sound / 2 USB / firewire / modem / keyboard / mouse (1 Available) $75

Full System Apple Quicksilver G4 / 733MHz / 512MB / 60GB / CD-RW / Sound / Gigabit / USB / Zip / Firewire / Keyboard / Mouse / 15" LCD Panel (3 Available) $500

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
rs2sensen said:
I found these macs for sale locally. I can't buy them until tomorrow, but I'm going to grab a couple. I'd like the Powermac G4, and second choice would be the iMac. They all come with no OS installed and the hard drive wiped, but I can install Panther or Tiger on them (most likely Panther). I don't plan on getting the Quicksilver, but I may get a couple of the others, depending on what's available. I just can't pass up the price.

Apple Powermac G4 / 400MHz / 512mb / 10GB / DVD-ROM / Sound / NIC / 2 USB / 2 firewire / Zip100 / Keyboard / Mouse / 17" Monitor (2 available) $125

Blue & White Apple G3 Power Macs 450-350 MHz / 384-576MB / 6-10GB / CD-ROM / sound / NIC (4 Available) $50-$100

Blue iMac G3 400 MHz / 256MB / 13GB / DVD / NIC / sound / 2 USB / firewire / modem / keyboard / mouse (1 Available) $75

Full System Apple Quicksilver G4 / 733MHz / 512MB / 60GB / CD-RW / Sound / Gigabit / USB / Zip / Firewire / Keyboard / Mouse / 15" LCD Panel (3 Available) $500

hey, let me know where those are... i wouldnt mind picking a few of those up.

OP
rs2sensen
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
One thing, these come without any OS installed. I will be able to install OS X, right? I will know in a few days, I'm down near Madison, WI right now, and hope to pick up either the Powermac or iMac (I need one with a DVD drive to install OS X) tomorrow, and I'll be back at my other home away from home up in Green Bay, WI Sunday. I don't think I have my Panther DVD there, I think that's in my other home in Kalamazoo, MI. So, I'm going to attempt Tiger for now. I'll probably downgrade when I get to my "real" home.

Graphite, I'll tell you exactly where tomorrow. I'm a little protective over the location, lol, but from what I hear, they get a steady supply of these every week, so you won't be missing anything. (You'd have to be in Madison at 8 am tomorrow to have any hope of getting them, anyways).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual 2.5 ghz g5 desktop with ati 800x video card,14" iBook 1gb
PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

your such a tease....

B

badmojo

rs2sensen said:
One thing, these come without any OS installed. I will be able to install OS X, right? I will know in a few days, I'm down near Madison, WI right now, and hope to pick up either the Powermac or iMac (I need one with a DVD drive to install OS X) tomorrow, and I'll be back at my other home away from home up in Green Bay, WI Sunday. I don't think I have my Panther DVD there, I think that's in my other home in Kalamazoo, MI. So, I'm going to attempt Tiger for now. I'll probably downgrade when I get to my "real" home.

Graphite, I'll tell you exactly where tomorrow. I'm a little protective over the location, lol, but from what I hear, they get a steady supply of these every week, so you won't be missing anything. (You'd have to be in Madison at 8 am tomorrow to have any hope of getting them, anyways).

I'm looking for a good 400 mHz iMac for my 4-year-old.

OP
rs2sensen
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Tomorrow around 6, you'll all know. If I get that iMac, I'll gladly sell it to you for what I paid for it, plus shipping. If I don't, there will be similar offers every week for a couple years. However, it is very hard for those out of the state of Wisconsin to take advantage of it, as they don't ship, and they don't hold products.

I'm also looking, they have two 25' sailboats. I used to sail a lot, and it would make kinda a cool apartment. Lol, I'm, tempted to buy one and sail it down the Mississippi to my grandfather, who lives in the south!

F

Fallooza

rs2sensen said:
Tomorrow around 6, you'll all know. If I get that iMac, I'll gladly sell it to you for what I paid for it, plus shipping. If I don't, there will be similar offers every week for a couple years. However, it is very hard for those out of the state of Wisconsin to take advantage of it, as they don't ship, and they don't hold products.

I'm also looking, they have two 25' sailboats. I used to sail a lot, and it would make kinda a cool apartment. Lol, I'm, tempted to buy one and sail it down the Mississippi to my grandfather, who lives in the south!
Wisconsin rules!

OP
rs2sensen
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The iMac and Powermac G4 was gone by the time I arrived. I did buy a G3 Powermac though.

Powermac G3
450 Mhz
576 MB Ram
ATI Rage 128 16MB Video
9GB Hard Drive (SCSI)
32x CD-Rom
ZIP Drive (SCSI)
Modem
2 USB
2 Firewire
$100

I also got a 20" CRT monitor= $50, a keyboard=$3, and a mouse=~$1. However, I'm going to need USB adapters for the mouse and keyboard.

This place does online auctions: https://mds.bussvc.wisc.edu/swap/home.asp
Or, you can purchase things at their store:http://www.bussvc.wisc.edu/swap/inventory.html

They do a public sale at the store on Fridays, I reccomend getting there when they open at 8am. Other universities also have shops like this to get rid of surplus equipment, but UW Madison also gets a lot from other Govt. agencies. You don't have to be a student to buy, municipalities, govt. employees, and some non profits get to shop a day before the public. The website is updated on Wednesdays.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.