New to Mac. Want to use MBP for live show.

Reaction score
So I'm brand new to Mac. Just got a 13" MBP. No money for logic (or an mbox mini 2 with pro tools) or anything yet but I've already got a bunch of gear. also haven't gotten to play around with garageband yet but it should be enough for me. i am an acoustic kind of guy but want to spruce up my live show with different sonic textures, loops, etc.

i'd probably just make all the stuff ahead of time and then hit play on stage. is that basically it? that sounds like it could be as simple as just running tracks out of itunes. i have a midi capable keyboard but its huge. i may look into getting a small midi pad (but i have no idea how to use it or what it really does...)

What would I need to do to run audio out of the MBP into a soundsystem? (I can update later with a list of my gear but i am not sure i'd know how to use it live anyway... I need to know not just what I need but how to set it up and use it.) I really appreciate your time.

thanks,
-nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
Best way is simply Mini-Jack out (if you're using the internal sound-card) to 2xJack into a stereo channel on a mixing desk (via a multicore if you're on stage). You don't need any pre-amp.

Reaction score
True Bassist is right.

I do the same thing only with metal. What I did was record the whole song with all your loops and such, then mute what I'll be playing live. Have a 4 count at the beginning so you know when to start of course. Go to guitar center or wherever you buy your gear and buy a cable that goes headphone jack (MBP) to a left and right instrument cable (1/4 in) output. the left and right will be going into the house's Direct Input box. And if the place you're playing at doesn't have a DI box, or a mixer you can plug into, don't bother playing there haha.

-good luck bro.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.