• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

ben stiller and macs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
Has anyone besides me notice in every ben stiller movie there is atleast 1 mac of some kind , such as meet the fockers there were about 5 iMac g4's and an iBook G4 in the first few minutes , and in other movies he always has a mac of some kind , i think it's pretty cool actually , even though it's advertisement for apple .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Well Apple does pay to have them in there, so...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
If I was a movie maker, I would just put apple products in my movies with out making apple pay for it just to show people that they are better ;)

Reaction score
PowerBookG4 said:
If I was a movie maker, I would just put apple products in my movies with out making apple pay for it just to show people that they are better ;)

How does that show that they are better?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
Set an iBook and a Powerbook next to any PC laptop ever made..... And you tell me...

It's a movie..... it's about looks... And Apple wins that debate hands down. IMHO.... Now... best for performance, etc... the jury is still out on that one.

B

badmojo

There's a PB in the new movie "Wedding Crashers". O/T but what the heck, right?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Wedding crashers was funny as ****. dont remember the powerbook.. i guess they are so common i ignore them now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15 inch 1.83. iBook G4.
well, I watched runaway jury the other day for the first time and there was a g3 imac and 1st gen ipod.

Also, as I am a jobless dosser awaiting visas to go travelling, I now see a powerbook everyday on BBC1 in the morning in the "staying put?" programme..

Reaction score
I dont think there was one in Starsky and Hutch. It seems like it was supposed to be set back in the 70's, but not eveything was 70'ish

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
There is an iMac in Hulk too :alien:

OP
Ghostshadow
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i think it's so great that macs get more spotlight in movies in general than pc's do ..

D

dziner

On a similar but sorta unrelated note... I'm sad to see that Ikea who once used Macs in their printed catalogs now show only Dells. Their furniture looked so much cooler with Macs!

OP
Ghostshadow
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
haha that rocks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.