hosting personal website suggestions

Reaction score
I’m a new (2 months) and enthusiastic Mac user. Our high school class just had its 50th reunion and some of us circulated a paper list for mailing and email addresses. Since the person who initiated this is not very computer savvy and seemed overwhelmed, I volunteered to put the info into a file and send it out. Then I thought I’d like to make a simple website for our class.

What I’m looking for are suggestions/experiences with options for hosting, for example google, comcast, or any specifically Mac-friendly sites. I did a little searching and found that iweb sounds like a good option for creating web pages. However, it mentioned publishing to Mobile Me, which I don't have and might not want. (I do have experience with very simple web pages, so that is not what I'm looking for help with). It seems that some sites like google and comcast provide their own tools as well.

Thank you for any feedback.
===============
Model Identifier: iMac11,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i3
Processor Speed: 3.06 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 4 GB

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Moved to correct forum.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Why not try something like a google group?

OP
S
Reaction score
I hadn't considered (or even known about) Google groups. It would be a logical choice, but some (many?) in the class are not computer savvy. The woman who was going to circulate the list originally said she couldn't "do attachments". I am doing the website because I think it would be better than just emailing a list of contact info. Also, I can post photos from the reunion, etc.

OP
S
Reaction score
It was pointed out to me that I shouldn't post personal info on the 'net, so I am going to rethink this project. thank for your suggestion for a future website.

Reaction score
Seems to me a Facebook Page would work perfectly. Most of these people are most likely already there and it is 'secure' (debatably so) in the sense that you can post and only Members can read the posts.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.