SAGEM router problem

Reaction score
Today I bought a provider's package with digital TV/phone/internet. It came with Sagem Fast Com 1704 router. Through it I can connect to three devices: PC (with network cable), iPhone and MacBook Pro (via wi-fi). The first two are relatively easy to connect and interact with network authentication settings that their helpdesk recommended - WPA2-PSK with AES encryption. The problem happens when I run AirPort on the Mac. Mac successfully finds wi-fi network, asks for a password to connect to the router via DHCP and assign the address. But can not get anything from net, open pages or anything. Moreover, the first two devices lose their connection instantly. They are able to connect again only after I restart the router or when I make reconnect command through the router. Provider does not give support for Macs. :(

Reaction score
Issue Resolved?

Have you resolved the issue? If so, what did you do? If not, were you getting a self-assigned ip address on the airport wifi adapter?

OP
K
Reaction score
The problem was the router. Provider replaced it for me and now it's working fine. Though I still sometimes have a problem with bandwidth when I download stuff through torrents and still want to surf through the browser. Pages won't load even though torrent client's speed is not at the maximum at all.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.