Pro Tools on Imac Snow Leopard

Reaction score
Hi guys,

need to know, does Pro Tools work on Imac Snow Leopard? If so, what is the latest version for Mc OS X? I'm thinking of getting it but want to make sure it's completely compatible.

Thanks. :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to the Mac forums.

A little searching with Google would have found you this.

OP
N
Reaction score
Welcome to the Mac forums.

A little searching with Google would have found you this.

Yes. That's the first page I stumbled upon but I didn't understand it, that's why I came here.

My mac is 10.6.3. The page says that Pro Tools versions below 8.0.3 aren't compatible with
this, but then it also says that Pro Tools 8.1, which I suspect is the right one for me, is a free downloadable version??? I thought you had to pay for Pro Tools???

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It's only a free download if you already own a license for Pro Tools 8.0X....

So that means you can upgrade your copy of Pro Tools 8.0X to 8.1 in order to be compatible with Snow Leopard. (note that is says up to SL 10.6.4)

OP
N
Reaction score
It's only a free download if you already own a license for Pro Tools 8.0X....

So that means you can upgrade your copy of Pro Tools 8.0X to 8.1 in order to be compatible with Snow Leopard. (note that is says up to SL 10.6.4)

So then I would have to purchase Pro Tools 8.0X, install it on my Mac and then download 8.1?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So then I would have to purchase Pro Tools 8.0X, install it on my Mac and then download 8.1?

No. If you purchase Pro Tools new, you'll get the latest version which is 8.1. Remember, 8.1 is only free as an upgrade if you already own 8.0X. If you're still uncertain, contact customer support at Pro Tools and ask.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.