PLEASE HELP. Network/Airport Question !!

Reaction score
Hello All,

I have an Apple Airport Extreme with a wired ethernet connection to my imac computer and my ps3. I would like to know if there is a way to have these 2 things remain wired but also give out a WIFI connection so that i could use it with my ipod touch and iphone. Thanks in advance if anyone can assist me.

Brian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
Yes. That is how they are designed to work. Google "setting up airport extreme" and you should be all set.

Reaction score
graci23

as mdfuller said:
Yes, Airport Extreme (AEBS) can provide wireless service in addition to wired connections.

For that matter, you can also have USB devices (hard drives, printers) connected and actively available.
But, you need to be more detailed and clear about your complete config for us to help you more.

Which model Airport Extreme are you working with ?
There were about six different model releases.

How do you receive your internet service: DSL modem, cable, etc. ??

Separate from that, How/Where is that internet connection managed ?
Does the service from your ISP go into a modem or box first, ... and then into your AEBS ?
Where is your internet account info entered ?
-- System Preferences --> Network panel ?
-- Airport Utility --> Internet tab
These settings & choices are important because it determines how your IP address will be managed.

Kinda need to know that first.
After that's established, then you would go into:
-- Airport Utility --> Wireless tab --> and enter settings to create & define your wireless network (LAN) ... which would include both wifi _and_ wired (ethernet) connections at the same time.
Hope that helped a little bit ... for starters.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.