Desperately need help

J

~John

I recently had all of my CDs and laptop stolen out of my car. The sole remainimg place where I have 15 years worth of my music backed up is my IPOD. My IPOD battery has now failed and I need to send it back to apple. Apple will not guarantee or protect all of my music if I send it back. I don't want to lose 15 years of my music collection. How can I get the music from my IPOD on to my new computer? Is there software I can use? It's a 30GB IPOD. Please Help!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
If it's an iPod that has a dock then you can just connect it to the dock, then connect that to your computer and it will use the power from your computer.. then you can just copy all that data over, using any of the multitude of iPod software featured on macupdate.com or versiontracker.com.

If it is not a dockable iPod.. then someone else is going to help since I do not have any experience with those iPods...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
If it doesn't have a dock, you can plug it into your computer via firewire and have the computers power supply the iPod, then use an application like Filebuddy or another program, to make invisible files visable and drag the music to your computer.

OP
J

~John

Thanks-

It's a 30GB IPOD. I spoke with people at Apple and they said there is sofftware out there that will allow me to save my music to my new computer from my IPOD but that they cannot reccomend any. Can you reccomend some?

Murlyn said:
If it's an iPod that has a dock then you can just connect it to the dock, then connect that to your computer and it will use the power from your computer.. then you can just copy all that data over, using any of the multitude of iPod software featured on macupdate.com or versiontracker.com.

If it is not a dockable iPod.. then someone else is going to help since I do not have any experience with those iPods...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
i think with windows you just go into the folder options and have it show hidden files to get them all

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
i knew this thread would be useful for me some day. my dad's iPod had a ton of music that I wanted to put on mine and my dad took all his cd's to work so that wouldnt work.

plug his in to see if i can transfer through itunes to no avail......then i remembered this thread

OP
G

g3tog4

try tinker tools and go in to the hidden file and look for the music and copy it to your computer

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.