I pulled the trigger...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13. 2.26. 4 gig.
Well, I did it. I pulled the trigger on a 32 gig WiFi iPad.

It's awesome.

It remains 'un'jailbroken, and I'm taking advantage of the free apps available and the super awesomeness of surfing the internets by touch! Woot.

I'm waiting on the productivity suite, because of the relatively high price (for a mobile app) and because I'm not sure I need it.

Is there anything that is an absolute must-have?

Thanks

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Congrats on your purchase!:) I'm still waiting for an iPad...but since I'm a "used" electronics person...I'm waiting for used prices to drop...or I might even "spring" for a new iPad 2.0 when it is released if the price is right...and has the improvements I'm looking or hoping for.

Congrats again,:)

- Nick

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Congrats on your purchase!:) I'm still waiting for an iPad...but since I'm a "used" electronics person...I'm waiting for used prices to drop...or I might even "spring" for a new iPad 2.0 when it is released if the price is right...and has the improvements I'm looking or hoping for.

Congrats again,:)

- Nick

So in future we can expect to see 39 iPads and counting in your equipment specs? ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP - 27in iMac - iPhone
Congratulations! I got a 64GB WiFi and sometimes wish I had gotten the 3G :(
But over all I love the iPad, it's definitely great!

I wish I could tether my iPhone to it, with out having to change my data plan (currently unlimited)

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13. 2.26. 4 gig.
I use my evo to create wifi and tada! Wireless coming from my pocket...

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
So in future we can expect to see 39 iPads and counting in your equipment specs? ;)

OMG...I hope not!...but it would take up a lot less space!;)

- Nick

Reaction score
Well,
I'm waiting on the productivity suite, because of the relatively high price (for a mobile app) and because I'm not sure I need it.

There are a lot of good alternatives to Pages. Namely, Documents to Go. It syncs with Google Docs very nicely, which, unfortunately, Pages can't do. Keynote is very good though. I haven't used Numbers, but Docs to Go has a simple spreadsheet program, which is good for simple data entry.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.