Help! I can't work my I-sight

E

Ellika

We just recently purchased an i-sight and are having heaps of trouble getting it to work. We were told it was just plug in and play, but we are trying to have an audio chat with friends and it calls through at their end but then says someone couldn't connect. Any ideas. We are on a G4 running tiger, our friends on a G5 running Panther. Any advice would be great.

OP
D

deadpixel

Sometimes the firewall can cause problems. Try turning the firewall off in System Preferences under Sharing.

OP
E

Ellika

Hi Kevin. Thanks for your input. I have tried that with no success. I have checked with my ISP and I am getting my correct bandwidth of 512/128 (Australian ISP are slow) but I've been told this is sufficient bandwidth to run I-chat AV. Any other ideas?

Ellika

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
Are both of you running iChat?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 14in
may sound like a stupid question, but are they accepting your invitation for an audio/video chat?

how is your friends connection?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
but I've been told this is sufficient bandwidth to run I-chat AV. Any other ideas?

This is a known issue with iChat... make sure you have the 10.4.2 update!
That was supposed to fix it.

OP
E

Ellika

Yes, I sendmy friend an audio chat invitation, then it says it's starting the chat and then it say I didn't respond...it's weird because he can send me an invitation and i accept and again it says starting but fails to connect.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.