Copy and pasting url's

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" using Mountain Lion, iphone 4s, ipod nano 1.3.1, ipod touch, iPod Classic, iPad 1
I have a problem with copying 'url's' and pasting them into a new mail messages. In that when I copy and the paste it into the pane, it will paste the url but it does not act as a link to that page, just a line of text as the url would look.

I can mail the page via a tab in the tool bar which is ok when I only need to send one link to one message and this will behave as a normal web link.

It's a problem when I try to post more than one link in a single message as I don't want to have to keep sending multiple messages to the same receiver just send multiple links.

There must be an Apple simple way of just highlighting the url, right click, copy and then paste them in the new message?

As always thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
The links should show up as live clickable links when the recipient receives the email. do they not??

Also.. you can turn text into links by using CMD+K in mail.
Type what ever… then highlight that text, then press CMD+K, then paste the url in there. The links will be clickable as you compose your email as well. So they look like this: LINK to Google for windymiller

ETA: If you want to see the live links while composing the mail, you could just hit CMD+K and drop the link in there without highlighting any text.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Another method:
That little image before the URL (it has a name, maybe "favicon"?) is all you need.
Click it. Drag it to your message. It should copy the URL and be a link for the recipient.

My experience has been that URLs don't always look like links on my end, but they work at the other end.

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" using Mountain Lion, iphone 4s, ipod nano 1.3.1, ipod touch, iPod Classic, iPad 1
Thanks for that. I should of sent a test e-mail to myself a while back.

I like the tip about dragging the image into the new message. It's all about dragging in the Apple world.

Thanks to you both.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.