iphone 4 overheat - day 3!

Reaction score
Hi. My brand new iphone 4 arrived friday.
while listening to live radio via BBC radio app, the iphone became quite warm, and shut itself off.
the Simm card locked and had to be reset.

Is this normal? Or should I be running back to the shop asking for it to be replaced?

Have tried again a few times, and it gets warm EVERY time I livestream the radio- unfortunately access to live radio is one of the main reasons I bought the phone, so I'm reluctant to just stop listening to radio on the iphone...
cheers all.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I would take it back and have them test it. It shouldn't overheat just from listening to streaming sounds or music from a radio station.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Unibody Macbook Pro, Iphone 4 16G
Definitely not normal, take it in and I'm sure they will get you a new one immediately.

OP
M
Reaction score
wasn't this a 'software' issue with the 3GS? that was supposedly worked out with the release of iphone 4... I've seen a few complaints on the various forums - perhaps its an issue with the new release as well. Anyone else out their using their iphones instead of a hot water bottle?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, iPad & iPhone 4
What you are describing is a hardware malfunction that is not typical with the iPhone 4. This is covered under your original 1-year warranty with Apple as it is a product defect. Take it back and they will give you a new one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.